In this article I want to talk about foods for a mass building diet for those people that want to increase their muscle mass.
As I have already said (weight gain diet) a diet like that aims to increase muscle mass and only in part to increase in fat mass.
So, while this diet sport plays an important role, it is important to also practice a physical activity of high intensity, such as weight lifting.
Therefore, here are some useful tips for those who want to fight their genetic thinness.
- Monitor the intake of hydrogenated fats, also known under the name of trans fats, which must not exceed 5 grams daily. It is then recommended to eliminate the use of butter and margarine from your menu. Be careful not to eat the foods that contain them in large quantities, such as croissants, bread sticks etc..
- Consume an amount of carbohydrates to provide between 50 and 55% of total daily energy. It is also important to limit simple carbohydrates like sugar, honey and other products that contain large amounts of carbs.
- Eat fish and legumes, such as beans, chickpeas, lentils etc.. at least three times a week.
- Use protein supplements as needed.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Consistently perform physical activity.
Example of Mass Building Diet
The following is a sample of msas building diet, which is based on the consumption of all foods that have the ability to increase muscle mass, obviously together with practicing regular exercise.
- 350 ml of semi-skimmed milk
- 2 slices of bread, preferably wholegrain, with 50 g of jam
- 30 grams of almonds or walnuts
- 2 slices of bread
- 50 g of a choice of dried beef, turkey or ham
- a 0.25 L bottle of water
- 100-120 grams of pasta with a light dressing, for example a sauce of fresh tomatoes
- 200 grams of meat or fish, grilled or baked
- 50 grams of raw or cooked vegetables
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil to dress vegetables
- A bottle of 0.5 L of water
- 2 slices of bread with 50 grams of dried beef, turkey or ham
- A bottle 0.25 L of water
- Yogurt (no sugar and no fruit ) and fresh fruit
- Vegetable soup with 50-70 g of pasta (or 100 g bread ), or you can eat a soup with pasta noodles and cheese or 100-120 grams of pasta with a light dressing
- 200 g of fish or meat, grilled or baked, with 50 g of seasonal vegetables
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil for seasoning
- A bottle of 0.5 L of water
It's important to drink at least two liters (8 cups) of water a day, snack some nuts when you have finished your workout and possibly eat two teaspoons of honey.
More on Mass Building Diet
I think it's important to supplement your diet with some whey protein shakes, even just one a day after your workout of before bedtime.
Protein is the key to build muscle mass, without enough protein I see it hard to achieve your goal, especially when you can't get enough from your mass building diet.
If you want to know more, read my whey protein articles.
Return to Home Page