One of the questions that so many people ask is how to lose belly fat?
Here I am going to discuss with you how to lose not only belly fat, but how to target fat loss on those areas where it accumulates more easily.
These three areas are:
- Belly Fat (for men and women but mostly men)
- Hip Fat (mostly women)
- Glutes Fat (definitely mostly women))
It's not because women do something particular, it's just because of our bodies are, together with the fact that we have different hormones that play important roles in gaining excess fat.
To be able to lose fat in targeted areas we need to follow a specific diet plan and do the right exercises at the gym. Let's find out how to lose belly fat then!
Useful Tips to Get Rid of Localized Fat
The following are some tips on how to lose belly fat, that will also help you target fat loss and allow you to easily maintain your ideal weight:
- Follow a balanced diet, rich in fruits and vegetables, that contains many vitamins and minerals and is low in calories.
- Eat white meat which contains protein, amino acids and iron and less fat than red meat. It's good to know that white meat is easily digestible.
- Fish should be eaten at least four times a week. It is obviously preferable to cook food in simple ways, such as steamed, grilled or baked instead of fried.
- Drink plenty of water, at least two liters (8 cups) a day, in order to help the body get rid of excess toxins.
- Avoid drinking carbonated drinks that bloat the abdomen and are rich in sugar (no sodas!).
- Eat sweets in low quantities.
- Practice moderate physical activity, possibly by doing targeted exercises to work on the area where you want to eliminate excess fat at least three times a week.
People who have a few extra pounds often have localized fat in particular parts of the body like we said before (belly, hips, thighs, glutes etc.).
There are two different kinds of fat, the first is precisely localized fat, and the second is generalized fat.
This kind of fat is distributed evenly throughout the body, including muscles. Generalized fat is found mostly in young people who engage in vigorous physical activity.
Gender and a sedentary lifestyle are the factors that determine where fat accumulates.
How Does Localized Fat Form?
Our body has areas where fat accumulates more easily.
Those areas depend on the gender, in fact men are usually more interested in how to lose belly fat, while women are more interested in how to lose hip fat, thighs fat and glutes fat.
But how does it form? Meaning...why does fat accumulates more on certain areas than other?
Localized fat is mainly caused by a genetic predisposition, lack of physical activity and a high percentage of body fat mass.
When women dramatically increase their weight, they gain weight especially in their inner thighs and butt. So yeah, generalized fat increases the chances of developing localized fat.
How to Eliminate Localized Fat
To eliminate localized fat you need to follow a proper diet, which initially means reducing the amount of daily calories, and especially spend time on mid-level sports activity.
The proper diet will help your body to lose those extra pounds that are in excess, physical activity instead will ensure that the skin shows some muscle tone after the weight loss.
How to Lose Belly Fat, How to Win Imperfections
So back to the original question: how to lose belly fat?
Obviously, as you already know, there is not a magic formula. To get rid of fat first you should try to follow a healthy diet that contains the right number of calories and that is based on the consumption of foods that help reduce belly fat.
But which foods are we talking about?
It's important to eat foods that contain specific proteins, such as oily fish (which is also rich in Omega 3) and white meats, such as turkey. It's important to know that red meat contains more fat than white meat and therefore tends to increase belly fat.
To get rid of fat and reach your ideal weight, it is also important to eat wholemeal foods, such as bread and pasta, which also have a high satiating power.
To get rid of fat it is very helpful to drink plenty of water, at least two liters (8 cups) a day and try to reduce the consumption of cheese and dairy products, preferring those labeled as "light".
Physical Activity and Targeted Products
Who wants to lose belly fat should also get used to moderate physical activity, which helps to burn calories and train muscles.
On the market there are several products that help you get rid of fat, for example, you can drink special herbal teas or use specific creams that need to be spread on the affected area twice a day.
The results will always depend on your genetic, on how your body responds to a diet or to exercise.
How to lose belly fat cannot be explained in just a few words, but keep in mind these quick facts:
- Reduce the calorie intake
- Don't skip meals, have more frequent smaller meals instead
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat fruits and vegetables
- Avoid carbs for dinner
- Prefer whole grain pasta and bread to regular white pasta and bread
- Do cardio exercise
- Do weight lifting exercise (more muscle mass makes you burn more calories)
- Sleep well and enough
- Use stairs instead of elevators, walk rather than taking your car for short distances
- Get rid of junk food
If you have more tips on how to lose belly fat, please share...I am sure that many will thank you!
Return to Home Page